Hysteroscopic surgery is pivotal in management of many gynecological pathologies. The skills required for performing hysteroscopic surgery such as transcervical hysteroscopic endometrial resection, hysteroscopic polypectomy and myomectomy in the management of menorrhagia, hysteroscopic septulysis in fertility-related gynecological problems and hysteroscopic removal of chronically retained products of conception and excision of intramural ectopic pregnancy ought to be practiced by contemporary gynecological surgeons in their day-to-day clinical practice.
The design of this intensive hysteroscopy course covers a range of theoretical and practical demonstrations of both diagnostic and operative hysteroscopic procedures and new technologies. Special emphasis would be laid on instrumentation, role of hysteroscopy in infertility together with prevention and management of complications. The course will enable the participants to develop sound clinical knowledge, gain confidence and improve their future medical practice in hysteroscopy procedures.
The basic objective of this course is to provide participants with adequate knowledge and skills to perform safe ambulatory diagnostic-operative hysteroscopic procedures using the newest technological hysteroscopic models and live surgeries.
Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that each participant will be able to:
- Assemble and operate the various devices available for performing operative hysteroscopic procedures including endometrial resection and ablation, endometrial polypectomy, and fibroid resection.
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge, both theoretical and practical, regarding hysteroscopic use of energy sources, as well as their physics and different effects on human cells and tissues.
- Recognize when and why diagnostic hysteroscopy is appropriate and know how it is safely performed.
- Understand how and when to perform hysteroscopic procedures in an outpatient setting with minimal discomfort.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the role of hysteroscopy in management of infertility
- Diagnose and manage complications of Hysteroscopy
- Be aware of the new developments in hysteroscopy and be up to date with the current research in this field
This course is designed for
- Postgraduates, Practicing Gynaecologists, Gynaec Endoscopic Surgeons
- Those who want to introduce Hystero-Laparoscopies in their practice
- Those who are performing diagnostic Hysteroscopies but want to progress to operative procedures
- Those already performing advanced procedures but would like to share experiences to further enhance their skills and obtain another experts’ perspective/approach
- Nurse Hysteroscopists who are developing their operative hysteroscopy skills
- GPs with a special interest in gynaecology who wish to develop their hysteroscopic skills
This 3-day, clinically oriented, interactive, hands-on training course offers advanced lectures complemented hands-on activities and discussion with experts.
- Interactive theoretical and video sessions between Faculty and course participants
- Case presentations and interactive group discussion with experts.
- Hands-on practice on live tissue (mini-pigs) and anatomical models.
- During hands-on session, participants will be divided into small groups to practice surgical techniques on anaesthetized animals.
- Live operative and pre-recorded video demonstrations
CME Credits: 21.0.