Male infertility is becoming a worldwide epidemic. Data suggest that male factor infertility is the sole cause of couple infertility in 10 to 15% of partners are afflicted by infertility problems. Of the men presenting for fertility investigation, up to 20% (or about 2% of most adult males in the general public) are found to be azoospermic. Due to advances in the management of male infertility in the last decade, this course has been designed to provide participants with a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of current management of azoospermia. As well as lectures, the course will include hands-on practicals and demonstrations. During two days, participants will not become competent at these techniques but will have enough hands-on to go away and practice in their own laboratory setting. The course will also allow scientists to discuss the technology with their peers and with experts in the field.
The objective of the course is to bring the field of andrology to generalists and specialists interested in men’s health. As the field of andrology is rapidly progressing with new modalities and treatment, the doctor on the ground will want to be updated on the latest developments.
Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that the participant will be able to:
- Define, classify, and understand potential etiologies for azoospermia
- Understand the epidemiology and prognosis of patients with azoospermia
- Conduct an appropriate history, physical examination and laboratory investigation for a patient with suspected azoospermia.
- Develop an appropriate treatment plan for evaluation and management of patients diagnosed with the disorder.
This course is designed for obstetricians/gynaecologists, andrologists, Urologistis, internists, general practitioners, fellows, and residents.
This 3-day, clinically oriented, interactive, hands-on training course offers advanced lectures complemented hands-on activities and discussion with experts.
- Interactive Online theoretical and video sessions between Faculty and course participants
- Case presentations and interactive group discussion with experts.
- Hands-on practice on semen analysis
- Live operative and pre-recorded video demonstrations